To anyone who has happened to come across this blog, I want to introduce myself. My name is Andrew Song. I am a seminary student @ Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. I'm still a young guy at 23 years old and I was born and raised in the South, via the suburbs of
I have never been much of a journal-er, let alone an online blogger, but ever so recently I have found myself having a couple of thoughts that needed to be organized in some way or another. Because Twitter only allows 140 characters and Facebook always seems to be changing, I have conveniently chosen an online blog where I can jot down a few thoughts. And maybe through God's grace, someone may find some encouragement or find something interesting they could share with a friend or someone they know. I'm not expecting much more than just a place for me to ramble about random things and sort out my thoughts. I am open to criticism and discussions with whatever I may say. Feel free to express your thoughts openly simply because I am doing the same.
So why ...Passionately Waiting...? It seems that everyone with a blog needs a cool and trendy title that means something other than it reads. In order not to disappoint the og bloggers, I came up with ...Passionately Waiting... (I lied; I didn't come up with this. A friend said this to me in a recent conversation and I loved it so much I couldn't let it go...Thanks Peter...But I’m sure that someone out there as said this or some form of it.) It almost makes you say Patiently, but the subtle difference is what made me fall in love with Passionately Waiting.
Most of us know what the Passion of the Christ is; if you were thinking about Mel Gibson's portrayal of Jesus' last days on earth, I'm sad to say you are mistaken. When I say the Passion of the Christ, I am talking about the level of willingness Jesus had to endure the pain of the Cross. We are talking about how much heart He had to overcome the obstacle of dying on the Cross. When anyone tries to quantify passion, they always try to measure how much someone is willing to go. When we say someone has passion, we are saying that they will do whatever it takes to reach whatever goal they may have. We can tell who the best at their sport, based on the passion they have for the game or winning. You can always get a sense of the people who are more passionate about something because there is just something about them that makes them stand out from the rest.
I say Passionately Waiting, because as I call myself a Christian, I find myself waiting patiently, as someone would in a doctor’s office or at the DMV. Eventually they are going to call my name, and I know this. It is only a matter of time. I know eventually God will call me, and hopefully I will be ready to go. But I have come to understand that maybe that's not what He has in store for me. How can I Passionately Wait for God? How can I wait for the things that God has prepared for me in a way that has Passion? Whether it is a life calling, a vocation, a significant other, an answer to a prayer, or even dying? Passion seems to be one of those things we find when we reach a point in our lives that we are completely in love with or obsessed with. How can I find my Passion in waiting for what God has prepared for me?
If you got a chance to read this, then I hope you are asking yourself the same thing. If you have an answer or criticism to my longing, please feel free and say something on here or email or via Facebook.
As we passionately Wait, God Bless
Andrew

I think this is a great way to start your new journey to passionately wait for God. Thank you for sharing with me what you learned today. I was encouraged to also start to repent and start living my life whole heartedly and passionately for God. They also say that God gives us unbearable situations where life seems to hard because he wants us to trust in him. I hope that in the unbearable times of passionately waiting that you will trust in our wonderful Father God. God bless you Drew!
ReplyDeleteGood Stuff Drew. I was tempted to leave my name as "backdoor tag teammate" or "I own Dwayne Gibbs" but I settled with Sam Kye.
ReplyDeleteSee you in about a month fellow musketeer
Great first post! I am really excited to see what other thoughts you have to share with the blogging world :)
ReplyDelete